Stephen Fridrick has been elected Member-At-Large and will be serving from January 1, 2010 through December 31, 2011.
The UC Robotics Team, led by Dr. Ernie Hall, needs your support to help them win the 18th Annual Intelligent Ground Vehicle Competition (IGVC) and in the 7th Annual ION Robot Lawn Mower Competition in 2010. Please read the UC Robotics Team Brochure to learn how you can help.
Visit www.robotics.uc.edu to gain insight into their design strategy, to explore their utilization of current technologies, and to follow their research and development of future technologies.
Andrea Kay at the Enquirer has written an article on engineering careers in response to people writing her doubting the future of engineering in the United States. Give it a read. “Shift sectors for entry-level engineering“
The Cincinnati Section now has a Life Members Group. If you are a Life Member you are automatically a member of this group. You should be contacted at the beginning of the 2010 regarding Life Member activities in the Cincinnati Section.Also note, on the right-hand side of the Home page, you will find a link in the Articles box for the Life Members Group.
The election for Member-At-Large is currently in progress. The top seven reasons for not receiving a ballot:
- I was not a member of the Cincinnati Section on November 23rd, when the ballots were sent.
- I do not have an email address. We use email to contact our membership. Please get an email account and register it.
- I have an email address, but I have not registered it with IEEE. Please do so; instructions below.
- I have registered my email address with IEEE, but my preferences are set to DO NOT SEND EMAIL. Please adjust your preferences so that we can reach you by email.
- I have my Spam Filter set so that email from IEEE goes to the trash bin. Please do not block email from IEEE, instead set your preferences to receive only the items you want.
- I get some email from IEEE, but my preferences are set to DO NOT SEND ELECTION EMAIL. Please adjust your preferences so that we can email a ballot to you.
- All of the above are fine, but previously I opted out of email from SurveyMonkey.com. Sorry, but SurveyMoneky was chosen to send out our ballots. Opting in now, won’t help for this year’s ballot.
If you did not receive a ballot, you can still vote. Continue reading
Andrea Kay, a Cincinnati business and career consultant, will be speaking at Joseph Beth Booksellers on January 20th, 2010 at 7PM. Ms. Kay is an engaging speaker with insightful advice about careers and the local economy. This is a free event so come early to get a seat. She will be talking about career concerns for 2010. Ms. Kay is a syndicated columnist and has several published books. See her website or read her articles in the Enquirer. Joseph Beth Booksellers is located in the Rookwood Pavilion, 2692 Madison Road, Cincinnati, OH.