Protecting Power System Infrastructures from Arc Flash and Voltage Instability by addressing them at the source.
DATE: Thursday, October 26, 2017
PLACE : University of Cincinnati (see below for directions)
TIME : 5:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. – Social Time
6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. – Dinner
7:00 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. – Presentation
ABOUT THE MEETING:
Participants will have a complete understanding of how to eliminate damage from transients, Arc flash and what has to be done to eliminate them from causing problems in any application.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Daniel Princinsky of Applied Energy, LLC
• Master of Science Business and Marketing Minor in Electrical Engineering Technology
• 1975-1980 Sales engineer at Honeywell Inc.
• 1981-1986 Sales Manager, Matson Manufacturing promoted to General Manager
• 1987-1990 Delta Fluid. Sales of Modicon PLC’s, Itran Vision Systems, Motion Controls and Man Machine Interfaces.
• In 1990 Dan started Power Factor, a manufacturers’ representative firm for Controlled Power Co. and Powerware UPS.
• Started Applied Energy LLC in 2002 in order to manufacture power quality products developed by Applied Energy LLC.
• Applied Energy LLC
• 1975 Sold the first ever Building Automation System for energy conservation to the
• Hospital Market.
• 1976 One Hundred percent closing rate with a fortune 500 Corporation
• 2003 Frost & Sullivan Technology innovation Award for new and
• Innovative Surge Suppression System
• 2004-2005 Listed the National Registers “Who’s Who” in Executives and Professionals.
• 2005-2006 Listed in Madison’s International Who’s Who in Executives and Professionals
• 2006 Listed by the International Biographical Centre in Cambridge, England as:
• “One of the leading Engineers of the World” In Power Engineering
• 2007 Listed in Global Publications (formerly The National Register)
• “Who’s Who” In Successful Professionals and Business
• 2017 Applied Energy LLC now has 3 patents with a forth pending.
Buffet Menu: Pizza will be served at no charge- Pre-registration is required for dinner at this meeting.
LOCATION: University of Cincinnati- 60W Charlton (Formerly Sender Hall). Park at the Corry Garage and go 2 buildings north. (on map park at P5 and walk past Sheakley to Charlton) http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/cinn/graphics/auto/FootballParkingMap.jpg
RESERVATIONS: https://ieeecincinnati.org/meetings/. Please click on the appropriate link and complete the reservation. (Note: Meeting list on webpage is slow to load on some browsers)
Reservations close at midnight on October 25th, 2017.
DINNER RESERVATION CANCELLATION POLICY
An email to Reservations@ieeecincinnati.org prior to the close of reservations is required to properly cancel your reservation.
All Reservations must be made by midnight, October 25th, 2017
PE CREDITS: Depending on the subject matter, attendance at IEEE Cincinnati Section Meetings now qualifies the attendee for Professional Development Hours towards renewal of Professional Engineers Licenses. Required documentation will be available following the meeting if qualified! The Section Meetings also provide a great opportunity to network with fellow engineers in the area.